Thursday, August 31, 2006

Church time

As I took this picture, an older gentleman stood outside his apartment behind me and said I should go inside the church. I already had on a previous day, but I went again. It was beautifully decorated, with many alcoves containing paintings and sculptures of Jesus' life. A small mass was in session, so I sat in the back of the sanctuary and watched the candles and listened to the singing echoing from the high walls and ceiling. I prayed with them, even though I couldn't understand their language. It was refreshing.

I noticed that a lot of the doors were really tall in Bologna. Most of the sidewalks were covered porticos as shown in the right side of the picture. The conference area was through a little gateway to the right. Posted by Picasa

No comments: